Friday 18 October 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Wow... I sit here at the laptop, glass of wine to the right of me... I last posted here over a month ago!!!

What a crazy, sometimes stressful but mostly insanely busy month that has been.  This has truly been the first time and the first chance I have had to sit down and write.

 It feels like Owen has had zillions of appointments this month.
  • Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy has been stepped up to a block of weekly  intensive sessions for a month.
  • Opportunity Class has now become twice weekly.
  • Owen has had a initial community paediatrician appointment.
  • Owens equipment has arrived and a rep from the company has visited to fine tune it.
  • Owen has been assessed for further equipment, which will be again mainly positional. A squiggles set with is a padded support system with lots of Velcro, cushions, wedges. foam tubes to help Owen get in and maintain healthy positions  during floor time.
  • Owen is being assessed for a sleep system again to help maintain healthy positions while sleeping.
All that while doing all Owens normal routine of massages, stretches and play therapy. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.
I will go into more detail of a few of the above as and when I can, bear with me on this one.

Also the rest of the family have kept me very busy.
Bethany has been looking around all of the local secondary schools as we are in the process of applying. This has been very stressful. Bethany particularly has been feeling the pressure.
 
Work has been particularly busy and stressful for Alex during the past month.

On a lighter note I have also been busy planning Lillys' 6th birthday and her birthday party this coming Sunday.


So as you can imagine, yes I have been very busy... so I apologize for my absent and will try harder to keep this blog updated.

Thank you for your patience.

xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment